There are so many colors And patterns on designer ties, also the shape
Varies between wide and narrow. Each of these old, discarded
Vintage ties inspire us to an exclusive and unique
Unique. It doesn't matter whether it's made of silk, polyester, wool
Or is leather.
LULAS? Who is that anyway?
I 've always liked the tie, “I'm Ulla Heinz-founder of the accessories label LULAS-Berlin.
I've always liked wearing ties as an accessory. Whether around the neck in the classic way, or with a turtleneck sweater instead of a shirt - as a belt so that the pants don't slip or the dress fits better.
In the meantime, I make every conceivable accessory out of ties. The colorful diversity in form, Color And pattern inspires me again and again. This creates a tie from every tie absolutely unique piece .
The tie upcycling takes place in my Kreuzberg studio, where all designs are created and most of the unique items are also made there.”
Fun facts about the tie
- The 18th October is a day of action as "World Tie Day".
- In the 1920 s, the Garçonne adopted the man's tie as a sign of their emancipation.
- Around 1900 women's rights activists underlined their efforts towards equality by wearing ties
- In the 1970s and 1980s, the women's tie was introduced as a uniform item for the German police force. So far, this has existed, except for the Brandenburg police.
- In the German Bundestag, the tie requirement for secretaries was abolished in 2014 at the request of the Presidium members Claudia Roth and Petra Pau.